- Maintain, develop & communicate the integrated bid & project plan in the designated planning tool set including all contract deliverable milestones, internal milestones, invoicing and sales milestones in accordance with the Thales procedures.
- Monitor the integrated set of bid & project schedules, costs, and resources in accordance with the company timetable, procedures and working practices and cost structure and work break-down structure.
- Undertake and coordinate the formal update of bid & project schedules, inter-dependencies, resource allocations budgets and financial status.
- Provide effective planning support to the management of transition from P3e to P6.
- Generate the overall critical path across the integrated set of bids / projects and reconcile issues, making recommendations to assist in the recovery of slippage, where applicable.
- Undertake earned value calculations, where applicable, to support bid & project performance forecasting.
- Analyse resource profiles resulting from the monthly schedule update process and make recommendations to reconcile resource loading anomalies ahead of the forward load extraction.
- Undertake all baseline and change control activities associated with the schedules including regular local archiving of the associated databases.
- The role will also involve occasional ad-hoc duties that are not listed above but are necessary to respond to the needs of the business. These ad-hoc duties will be consistent with the nature of a project planner position within Thales.
- Strong service delivery ethos and orientation
- Excellent technical project planning skills with proficiency in common project planning tool sets (such as Primavera P6, SAP).
- Proficient in Earned Value Management techniques
- Effective at operating across functional and departmental boundaries (working in a matrix style organisation)
- A strong understanding of the need for governance in bid / project management and the ability to uphold governance requirements.
- Ability to establish and meet deadlines, multi-task and prioritise without the requirement for regular direct supervision.
- Excellent communication skills to convey planning information to a variety of stakeholders.