- Build work orders with detailed job plans.
- Clear understanding of the Control of Work (CoW) process, including permitting, energy isolations, and identifying risks.
- Perform job cost estimating.
- Identify and coordinate required manpower and equipment support.
- Facilitate pre-job meetings with support crews and facility.
- Identify and order required materials.
- Request contract services required to execute planned jobs.
- Assure all materials, equipment, and support is available prior to identifying work as waiting schedule.
- Assist co-workers with learning in SAP CMMS system.
- Perform weekly planning backlog review and clean-up.
- Create job plans for the job plan library to streamline future planning.
- Review monthly KPI reports.
- Support the BP Operations Management System (OMS) and Safety and Operational Risk (S&OR) processes by personal involvement in activities to enhance performance in Health, Safety, and Environment.
- Attend all scheduled planner training and provide assistance with training of new employees or as needed.
- Perform Safety Observation Conversations (SOC) and enter in the IRIS system.
- Interact with facility and well pad operations, as well as functional maintenance crews to clearly understand any risks associated with jobs.
- Work with Execution Team Leaders and schedulers in support of backlog reviews
- Work with other members of the planning community to plan and build complex job plans such as, Tank, TAR and Overhaul outages.
- Primary Planner duties include fulfilling the roll of custodian of the job plan from Waiting Planned to Waiting Schedule.
- Planner must possess a thorough knowledge of the Work Management Field Guide and act as subject matter expert for the resources that they support.
- High school diploma or G.E.D. equivalent
- Maintenance or operations experience in a natural gas processing/fractionation plant, petrochemical plant, gas gathering or transmission, or refinery is required.
- Have or develop a broad knowledge of administrative operating procedures in order to effectively comply with company policies and regulatory requirements.
- Experience with planning, leading, or executing industrial maintenance work; oil and gas preferred.
- Must be able to perform light lifting, squatting and climbing in an industrial setting.
- Proficiency required in general computer use including word processing, spreadsheets, and email.
- Experience using maintenance management software tools.
- Must have effective organizational skills.
- Must be a team player that interacts effectively with co-workers in a group or in independent cooperative activities.
- Must possess excellent communications skills and have a desire to be a part of a work group that strives for excellence in service to customers and the company.
- Must be accountable and self-driven to learn and continuously strive for improvement.