- Develop Work Breakdown Structure (WBS) in conjunction with Project Management
- Team and Team Leaders. The WBS forms the basis of the CPM Logic Diagrams.
- Ensures the assignment of budgeted resources to each network activity with the appropriate team leader.
- Prepares and analyses manpower loading reports for all internal customers.
- Prepares schedules, graphs and progress curves for monthly reports and progress reviews for both the Project Manager and Team Leaders.
- Prepares full narrative reports including logic change analysis for monthly customer reports.
- Monitor and schedule track outages with subcontractors and customer.
- Monitors and updates the Schedule with actual hours expended and estimates to complete (ETC) in conjunction with the Cost Controller.
- Highlights problem areas during schedule updates to the Project Manager/Director in order to minimise schedule impacts and devise workarounds, if possible.
- Monitors and updates schedules with progress for all work package managers, functional departments, sub-contractors and site installation.
- Coordinates and integrates various sub-schedules from subcontractors.
- Review construction schedules and Time Impact Analysis
- Maintain program CPM schedule.
- Use Earn Value Management to measure performance on projects.
- Provide specialised scheduling services such as What-If-Analysis and Delay Claim Analysis.Prepare job progress reports as needed.
- Provide Risk Assessment and mitigation analysis with provision of option paths.
- Provide Critical Path analysis
- BS/BA in Engineering or related field.
- 7-10 years of experience as a planner/scheduler involved in Project planning, scheduling and corresponding progress metrics within the mass transit construction industry.
- 5+ years of experience with Cost Engineering concepts (estimating, forecasting, cost controls, etc.).
- Proficient with creating and maintaining schedules in Primavera software (ideally latest P6 version).
- Project scheduling experience supporting new technology implementation in large transit system an asset, particularly in San Francisco.
- Advanced skills in Primavera, CPM Logic diagrams, and MS Office including Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint